The following prayer of request is addressed to the Lapis Healing Master:
I beseech you, Blessed Medicine Guru,
His radiant body is azure blue. His left hand is in the meditation mudra and holds a begging bowl full of long life nectar in his lap. As a sign that he gives protection from illness, his right hand is outstretched in the gesture of giving and holds the "great medicine", the myrobalan plant (a-ru-ra).
Following verses is reprint from Chagmed Rinpoche's Hymn in Praise of the Medicinal Buddha
Namo Maha Baishajeya
Medicine Buddha Mantra
The Mantra word for word
1. OM: We begin with Om the under-current tone of the universe.
2. namo: Means yielding or full of trust also can mean to bend or bow and might mean to melt into.
3. Bhagawate: means in intimate relation to the Divine and often means the entire cosmos
4. Bhaishjaye: a name for the Medicine Buddha
5. Guru: Spiritual Master also means the “that” which transmutes ignorance into wisdom
6. Vaidurya Prabha: Divine deep blue light, like that of Lapis Lazuli.
7. Raja ya: means Great King
8. Tathagataya: means once came or once gone
9. arhate: one who has conquered the cycle of birth death
10. samyaksam buddhaya: perfectly enlightened
11. Teyatha: do it like this
12. OM: Again we begin with Om the under-current tone of the universe
13. Bekhajye bekhajye: do away with the pain of illness
14. Maha bekhajye: do away with the pain of illness (of the darkness of Spiritual Ignorance)
15. raja: means King
16. samudgate: means the supreme heights. Like this, go go go
(my prayer shall go to the highest and the widest and the deepest)
17. svaha: I offer this prayer and now relinquish it … (to you Medicine Buddha)